Are you a photographer and searching for the best light meter to level up your photography game? Chill, we’ve got your back. A light meter is a device that is helpful in photography. In fact, you can control and manage the exposure of light on your subject through a light meter.
For those who don’t know how important the meter is for photography, I would be pleased to tell you that it is essential in the photography field.
We all know that photography is not only about holding the camera and having a few clicks. A photographer needs to take care of the placement, light, objects, and spacing. Therefore, a meter is essential to supervise and organize the light set up easily.
Meters are necessary for doing landscape and portrait photography.
We know that choosing the best and appropriate meter can be a tough task to perform, but that is something we have taken care of. Top10guided is a website that provides you various articles similar to this one that might help you find a perfect item according to your needs and demands.
You can also find the best light meter app for Android and the best light meter iPhone app. Given below are the top ten rated light meters that are related to light meter photography.
Top 10 best light meters 2021
- Sekonic Twin Mate Light Meter
- meter Digital Illuminance/Light Meter
- BTMETER Digital Illuminance Light Meter
- Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D-U Light Meter
- EnnoLogic eL2000k Light Meter
- Extech LT40 LED Light Meter
- Leaton Digital Illuminance Light Meter
- LATNEX Light Meter
- AOPUTTRIVER Light Meter
- Gossen GO H264A Sixtomat F2 Light Meter
What is the best light meter?
It’s time to show some creativity with the best meter in the market. Allow yourself to be free and set no boundaries for the creative art field, photography.
We all know that all the Instagram sun-kissed photos are entirely the lighting game, so why not make it easier and more interesting with the most advanced meters.
This Sekonis twin mate light meter is on the top-notch. It is of your palm’s size but gives the best performance.
We know the size matters. The more compact and light, the better it is. This meter is small in size. This meter can also be set on your camera or the bracket. The meter is perfect for beginners.
If you have old lenses that no more communicate with your camera, this meter would be the best choice for your work. It is 30-seconds to 1/8000th and f/1.4 to f/32 in half-stop increments.
This is the best budget meter.
Sekonic Twin Mate Features
- It is light and portable
- Is easy to use
- Works well
- Best for beginners
- It is small in size
- Can easily fit in your pocket
- Works well with old lenses
- Is 30-seconds to 1/8000th
- It is f/1.4 to f/32 in half-stop increments
- Is available at a reasonable price
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 1.8 x 1 inches
How to use a light meter?
This meter has no comparison because it works perfectly well. It is a high-quality meter that enables you to have 4 range settings that go from 0/200/2,000/20,000 to 200,000 Lux for providing you a dynamic metering ability.
Dr. Meter digital illuminance/ light meter has got some best features. You will adore the accuracy of this incredible meter. This meter has auto zeroing capabilities.
This meter is easy to use. It has simple and easy signs that can be readable to you. This meter is portable and easy to carry. You are going to love the durability of this product.
If you are not habitual of carrying a heavy load, then this meter is of great help. It is lightweight and easy to carry. Fits well in large pockets and your work bag. The meter has convenient switches.
The meter includes data hold and peak data that allows you to have control over your readings. This is the best cheap light meter for photography.
Dr.meter Digital Illuminance Features
- Works perfectly
- Is portable and lightweight
- Has auto zeroing capabilities
- Is easy to use
- Has simple and easy signs to read
- Is durable and easy to carry
- Fits easily in your work bag
- Includes data hold and peak data features
- It consists of convenient switches.
- Allows you to have control over your readings
- It keeps high-quality material.
- It has 4 rang settings
- Provides your the dynamic metering ability
- Dimensions: 4 x 1 x 8 inches
Which light meter should I buy?
This BTmetter digital illuminance light meter is one of best choices. This meter is portable and easy to use.
It has sensors that can be rotated 270º, for which you won’t have to rotate or move the meter for measuring the perfect and accurate light angles.
By rotating the sensor, you can read the measurement and signs on the front as it will be displayed.
This meter will keep up with your expectations and will perform well. You will love the accuracy of this meter once you start using it.
It has +/- 4% of readings for 10000 Lux and 1000 FC; +/- 5% of readings +/- 10 digits for 400000 Lux. This meter is not slow, like other typical meters. This meter won’t keep you waiting for so long.
The meter responds in 0.4 seconds of time duration. It has a wider measuring range. This will help you record 33 sets of readings. This is the best for LED lighting.
This is the best light meter for photography.
BTMETER Digital Illuminance Features
- Is light and easy to carry
- It is compact and portable
- It contains great working batteries
- Useful functions.
- Works perfectly well
- Works best for LED lights
- Responds quickly
- Wider measuring range
- Records 33 sets of readings
- Gives you accurate readings.
- It has +/- 4% of readings for 10000 Lux and 1000 FC; +/- 5% of readings +/- 10 digits for 400000 Lux
- It has sensors that rotate 270 degrees.
- Dimensions: 8.6 x 4.3 x 1.6 inches
What is the best light meter app?
This is another product from this well-known brand. Regarding meters, the Sekonic name is undoubtedly in the business standard in metering innovation for photography and film.
This Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D-U light meter is a compact and extremely powerful digital meter. The best thing regarding this meter is that it has a flash. It enables you to see the flash measurements and understand it.
This is an incredible flash meter.
This is a multi-functional meter that is a wireless triggering meter. The great features in this meter make it more sensitive to light.
The meter has 3-stops of light sensitivity for incident light, 2-stops, reflected light (spot), and an ability to capture a reading down 0.1 lx of Illuminance.
Now you can find an accurate way of measuring light with the HSS feature of this amazing meter. This is the best light meter cor landscape photography.
Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D-U Features
- Is compact and powerful
- It has a flash
- Enable you to understand flash measurements
- Wireless device.
- It is sensitive to light.
- It has 3 stops of light sensitivity for incident light
- Moreover it has 2 stops for reflected light
- And you can capture a reading down 1 x of Illuminate
- High speed synchronicity feature
- Dimensions: 10 x 6.4 x 3.6 inches
What is the best light meter for cinematography?
We know that the illuminate is measured through Lux or foot candle, but I know you will be pleased to know that this EnnaLogic eL2000k light meter features them.
You can use it in labs, offices, warehouses, classrooms, and homes to measure the light levels. It can even be used for checking and measuring the desk and work surface lighting.
The meter also compares light levels in various environments.
Detecting and distinguishing light with bare eyes seems an impossible job to do, but you don’t have to worry because you can manage to get an accurate light reading with the help of this meter.
It even works for LED lighting. If you have installed LED lights, then check the before and after results after using this meter. This is the best light meter for plants.
This eL2000k enables you to easily check light levels and provide a proper amount of exposure to your plant nursery or greenhouse.
Even if you are using LEC grow lights, this meter will let you know how much light your plant needs. This is the beet handheld light meter.
EnnoLogic eL2000k Features
- Is measured through Lux and foot candle
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 8.4 x 2.5 inches
- It is lightweight
- Moreover, it provides accurate readings
- It works for LED lights
- Enables you to see different light levels
- However, it provides proper exposure
- Also, it can also be used for LEC grow lights
- It can fit in your pocket
- Best for plant nursery and greenhouse
- It is compact
Best LED light meter
Extech LT40 LED Light Meter is an incredible meter that is lightweight and compact. This meter is easy to use.
Suppose you are someone like me who doesn’t like to carry a heavy load when traveling or working, then this meter is the one for you. It can easily fit in your work bag and won’t take much space.
You can also carry it in your pocket.
This is a standard meter that is made up of high-quality material. This meter measures LED and standard lighting.
This has a unique trait that the above-given products don’t portray, and that unique feature is that it is both white and colored LED meter.
You can easily measure light through the Lux or the foot-candle units of this meter. This is the best-LED light meter. It is extremely accurate and valid—this the most useful gadget in the photography field.
Extech LT40 LED Features
- It is lightweight
- It is compact
- Moreover, it has both colored and white LED features.
- It can be carried easily.
- High-quality material.
- It measures LED and standard lighting.
- Measures light through Lux and foot candle scales.
- Accurate readings.
- Fits in pocket
- Dimensions: 5.3 x 1.9 x 0.2 inches
Best vintage light meter
You will find this incredible meter of the size and design of an old model Nokia phone. This Leaton digital illuminance light meter is light and portable due to which you can carry it easily.
It can fit in your pocket or work bag very handily. This meter allows you to measure the lighting in an area. This incredible meter has durable batteries. It runs on a 9V battery that is not included in the package.
You will see this incredible meter’s accurate performance that goes up to 200,000Lux +/- 5%.
This meter features auto, manual range, and holds function. This meter power-offs automatically after 15 minutes. It has an indicator that detects the low power battery.
This meter portrays 4 range of switches. This can display large LCD characters. The meter has 0.1Lux / 0.01Fc resolution. This is the best vintage meter.
Leaton Digital Illuminance Features
- Is a vintage meter
- Are light and portable
- Can be carried easily
- Can fit in your pocket
- It measures lighting in various areas
- It has durable batteries
- 9V batteries run the meter
- The meter gives an accurate performance
- Its accuracy goes up to 200,000Lux +/- 5%
- It features auto and manual ranges.
- Has auto power-off feature
- Has 0.1Lux / 0.01Fc resolution
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 3.6 x 1.6 inches
Best light meter for landscape photography
Latnex light meter has some great features. It is a staggering meter that is lightweight and compact. This meter is anything but difficult to utilize.
If you are somebody like me who doesn’t care to carry the substantial burden when voyaging or working, this meter is the one for you.
It can undoubtedly fit in your work bag and won’t take a lot of room. You can likewise carry it in your pocket.
This is a standard meter that is comprised of top-notch material. This meter estimates LED and standard lighting. This is the best light meter for landscape photography.
The measuring scale of this amazing meter is Lux or Footcandle.
This can be used in Warehouses, factories, office buildings, restaurants, schools, libraries, hospitals, photographic, many videos, parking garages, museums, art galleries, stadiums, and building security.
- Has great features
- Is lightweight and compact
- Can fit in your work bag
- Is a standard meter
- It is made of top-notch material
- It estimates LED and standard lighting
- Has Lux and foot candle measuring scales
- Can be used in Warehouses, factories, office buildings, schools, libraries, hospitals, many videos, etc
- Is durable
- Dimensions: 10.3 x 5 x 3.1 inches
Best light meter for cinematography
In fact, you will love to see this unusual Attributive meter’s features. It is light and compact because of which you can carry it with no problem at all. In addition to this, it can also fit in your pocket or work sack conveniently.
This AOPUTTRIVER light meter permits you to manage the lighting in a region. Moreover, this staggering Attributive meter has sturdy batteries.
In fact, you will love the precision of this inconceivable Attributive meter. This Attributive meter has autofocusing abilities. It has straightforward and simple signs that can be coherent to you.
In fact, this meter is convenient and simple to convey. You are unquestionably going to cherish the strength of this item.
On the off chance that you are not routine of conveying an overwhelming burden, at that point, this Attributive meter is of incredible relief. It is lightweight and simple to carry.
The Attributive meter has helpful switches. This is the best light meter for cinematography. It measures luminosity from 0.1Lux to 400,000 Lux.
This Attributive meter has a max and min data hold, continuity buzzer, relative value, backlight data storage, and auto power-off.
- It is light and compact
- Can be carried easily
- Can fit in your pocket
- Allows you to manage lighting in different areas
- Has sturdy batteries
- Has autofocusing abilities
- Not only it has simple signs to study, but also it is very convenient to use.
- Moreover, it has great strength
- Furthermore, it has helpful switches
- Similarly, it measures luminosity from 0.1Lux to 400,000 Lux.
- Furthermore, it has data hold, continuity buzzer, relative value, backlight data storage, and auto power-off function.
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 4.4 x 1.6 inches
Gossen GO H264A not only has the best diversity but also performs very well. Additionally, it measures both incidents and reflected lights with the adjustable measurement value display in 1/2 or 1/3 increments.
Gossen goes H264A sixtomat F2 light meter has wide measuring range from 1. 0 to 90. However, the exposure time of this meter is from 1/8000 s to 60 minutes.
As a matter of fact, the meter is compact and lightweight. Moreover, it is durable and has great batteries. The Godsend Go meter is made up of high quality so, very operating feature in this lighter meter is easy to understand.
The Godsend Go meter responds quickly. AMD, moreover it requires AA batteries to run. However, you can easily find this Gossen GO H264A.
Gossen GO H264A Sixtomat F2 Features
- Not only it has diversity but also has adjustable measurement values that display
- Moreover, it performs well
- Measures both incident and reflected lights in 1/2 or 1/3 increments
- It has a wide measuring range from 1.0 to 90; moreover, it has an exposure time is 1/8000 s to 60 minutes
- Not only is it lightweight and compact, but also very durable.
- Moreover, it has great batteries and requires AA batteries to run.
- However, it responds quickly.
- Dimensions: 0.1 x 2.6 x 4.7 inches
Things to consider before buying a light meter
For proficient picture takers and beginners seeking incredible results, a meter is an important device that will assist you with accomplishing that ideal shot. Not at all like the implicit in your camera, an extra meters will give you an exact perusing of the light reflecting off your subject and the light falling regarding your matter and the light your camera flash produces. Moreover, to select a better and high-quality meter, you should consider the following points given below.
In fact, the first set is to know for what purpose you want to buy the meter. Similarly, many people are ignorant of the huge number of uses a decent meter has.
Most usually known for their help to picture takers, meters are a fundamental instrument used in Warehouses, factories, office buildings, restaurants, schools, libraries, hospitals, photographic, many videos, parking garages, museums, art galleries, stadiums, and building security.
However, if you know for what purpose you want to buy the meter, you can easily find one regarding your needs and demands. If you want to meter for photography, then consider some well-known brands like sekonic, etc.
How frequently will it be used?
If you plan to use your meter frequently and the entire day without giving it much time to rest, the most preferable and suitable meter will be the one with an auto-off feature. However, why is the auto-off meter suggested to you? Because the meters don’t recharge and you must save the power of the batteries.
You need to consider the meter’s size because if your work requires movement, then a portable and lightweight meter will work the best for you. Moreover, most of these products come with cases. Others are compact and can fit in your pocket.
As a photographer, it is fundamental to have the option to take an incredibly precise perusing of the occurrence light falling upon your shot and the light that your subject emits. However, try not to do this reading with a meter intended for mechanical or gardening use.